Monday, October 31, 2016

Journal 5 Twitter

After signing up for and using Twitter and using it for about two weeks, I have come to like it so far. I have found that there are many other teachers and professionals in the education field that share some valuable information. I have started following many of these people and have enjoyed some of their articles just to read, but have also been able to use some of the resources they provide to plan into my own lesson plans. While it is good for my own professional development and to pull in lessons for my class, it would not be beneficial for my students. This is due to the fact that I teach first grade. I can see how it could be useful for students in high school though. I do feel that Twitter will be an app that I will continue to use for both professional resources, as well as, personal use.

Q1: How can Twitter be beneficial for teachers?

A1: Twitter can be beneficial to teachers because it allows for lessons and ideas to be shared from all around the world. There are many teachers that post ideas and share actual outcomes from lesson that they try. This could be an additional resource for teachers to use when creating lessons.

Q2: Is Twitter a reasonable tool for students in primary and intermediate grades to utilize?


A2: I feel that after using Twitter, it is a reasonable tool for intermediate students to utilize, but not primary students. It is much too advance for many primary students to utilize, however, intermediate students may benefit from using it.

3 comments:

  1. I do like the approach that the lessons or questions can be gathered from around the world. I would think that it is an interesting idea to look at the different perspectives of world events that might be currently happening!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point that Twitter is not good in all classrooms. The videos provided some good examples of Twitter being useful in education, but it is not very good for primary school because it is above their level. Not to mention the need for filters

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I do understand why you believe primary school student my not be able to handle twitter on an individual level, I disagree that it can be used for their education. On its own twitter could be used as a news source or just an interesting discussion peace for the class. You also can probably get them to use twitter on a class by class bases. What I mean is instead of having individual twitter accounts the class as a hole would have one. This could be used as a general class message board or a means to share what the class is doing with other classes.

    ReplyDelete