Sunday, November 13, 2016

Journal 6: Self-Reflection

Five weeks ago when we started this course, I was a bit uneasy. I was thinking that the course was going to be a true challenge. Fortunately, I do not feel that way any longer. It has been interesting and exciting learning how to code web pages. I do not feel overwhelmed, like I thought I would, and I am pretty confident in the various skills we have learned thus far.
Another concern I had at the beginning of this journey in Web Design, was the pace of the class. One friend of mine had taken the course and warned me it was a very fast pace class. I think the pace is actually well paced and I am able to keep up with all of the labs in and out of the classroom. While sometimes I feel the book exercises are rather time consuming, I see the benefits of working through them.
The hardest exercise in the first five weeks was the very first book exercise, The Black Goose Bistro (http://www.cpp.edu/~amschonder/512/book/bistro/ ). I feel this was the hardest just because it was the first time I was diving into HTML and CSS. I repeatedly had to check to make sure each piece was working and if I had made any errors when typing in the code. Now with the confidence I have in coding, I could go back and do this exercise in a heartbeat!
The most rewarding book exercise that I completed in the first five weeks would have to be the contest entry form, which can be seen here http://www.cpp.edu/~amschonder/512/book/contest.html . This was the book exercise that took me the longest to complete, so once I was able to finish it I was very satisfied with myself. It had many different components that needed to go into it and I was nervous that I would not get it right.

I am looking forward to the last weeks of this course and what is to come. I feel that I will take away a lot from it at the end of our 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment